Excellent large screen plus long battery life
- IDEs like eclipse use up a lot of display space
- A high resolution matte IPS screen is most important
- Option for lager form factor (>=15") to allow large resolution without tiny fonts (developers spend many hours in front of the display)
- true display colors for photo and web development
- BIOS option to deactivate any additional NVIDIA or AMD GPU (pure Intel graphics works great (==uncompilacted) for an embedded developer who does not need the GPU power of NVIDIA).
- interfaces: LAN (!!!), card-reader
- Linux Development Notebook does not need to be cheap, not to confuse with these 300€ Linux preinstalled Desktop-Replacement Notebooks with two hours battry life.