- Choice of AMD 4/6/8 Core 3GHZ+ CPU
- Radeon HD 7xxx Series
- Posiblity for external AMD Lightning Bolt or USB3 bluray drive or graphics card if they cannot be included inside.
- 16:10 resolution.
- Choice of:
- Small 13" monitor with 1680x1050 resolution
- Larger 15" monitor with 1920x1200 resolution
- Largest 17" or even 18" monitor with 2560x1600 resolution <- this would be my preferrance
- Coreboot and grub 2 instead of UEFI
- Built in NFC or ISO14443 Reader
- Keyboard modeled on Sun Type 5 or Happy Hacking Keyboard
- Bluray/DVD writer
- Default 8 GB RAM but upgradable to 32GB after buying (without having to replace the current module).
- Large SSD.
- User replaceable parts, such as removable battery.
- Serial RS232 port
- 1GB Ethernet or fiber lan ports
- Inbuilt primesense module including webcam, or alternative 3d motion detection system.
- Support for Stereo OpenGL through use of active shutter glasses. For example monitor at 120hz refresh and inbuilt infrared or wireless sync.
- Eclipse installed by default including ADT, CDT.
- Lightweight window manager by default, MATE or XFCE is preferable but with compiz expose/scale installed and enabled by default.
- Firefox, and chromium browsers
- Mail client that supports PGP encryption such as evolution
- Chat client that supports OTR such as pigeon
- XChat installed default
- Up to date LaTeX software installed such as Texmaker
- Use of btrfs and LVM
- The reset I can download