what i'd like to see in a developer laptop is,
* 8GB memory.
* 128GB+ SSD (fast 6gbps version).
* Nice clear screen with good dpi and anti-glare if possible so i can take it outside.
* Good keyboard layout with good tactile response.
* No CD/DVD bay, why would i need one plus it adds extra weight.
* Very light so my spine doesn't give way.
* Good strong shell for stowing in my bag before I cycle to work.
* 2 to 3 USB 3 ports for Arduino hacking.
* 1 SSD port for scratch disks or snail-mailing files to others.
* N WIFI.
* Bluetooth 4.0 for future ultra low power devices.
* Small & light charger for easy transporation.
* Good battery life, 10 hours would be awesome!
* Spill cover on keyboard in case my boss clumsily spills coffee on my keyboard, not that I'd never do that ;-)
* Fast CPU (i7) for running PostGres / MySQL and dozens of Unicorn workers.
* Good GPU for when I want to chill and play Team Fortress with my co-workers, but nothing as none of my friends have Crysis 2.