I would love to see the following things in a development laptop:
- A water/caffeine/lemonade-proof keyboard which can be removed from the laptop and placed in a dishwasher. The best would be if the whole top could be placed in the dishwasher. I would accept a few millimeters gain in thickness for this feature.
- A MagSafe like power-connector (does not need to be a magnet, just something which does the job)
- A very good and well crafted multitouch trackpad with solid buttons and good switches. Gold standard is the fruit-company.
- Nanotechnology on the display, i.e. a moth-effect covering to avoid glare (refer to Sharps "Super Low Reflection Technology")
- Due to driver issues avoid NVIDIA-hardware for the graphics if possible (refer to Linus "FU NVIDIA" video) , but stay with intel-processors.