Java vs Other developers
I have been reading all the ideas here and I am starting to get the impression Java developers need an entirely seperate model as the apparant requirements of Java are on an entirely different level from for example web developers (either php, node.js, coldfusion, phonegap etc.).
Java seems to need (according to the other idesa):
- CPU: i5 or i7
- RAM: At least 8 GB
- Disk: Harddrive, as apparantly 128 GB is already a bottleneck during compilation 
- Screen: More than 13" seems to be the general impression
- GPU: Unimportant
Webdevelopers (according to my own needs and those I seem to summize from the other ideas):
- CPU: i5 is enough (although i7 is nice)
- RAM: 4 GB is enough
- Disk: Solid state (a lot of space isn't needed)
- Screen: 13" is do-able although 14.*" might be the sweet spot
- GPU: Not important, but relatively more and more web applications are starting to rely on heavier graphics so might be useful.
- (And due to the lower hardware requirements it should be able to make it entirely silent)
Either way, my point is, trying to please both groups might result in a product which is not powerfull enough for java developers and too expensive or too bulky for web developers .