- Please make sure that the hardware behaves well with a vanilla image (and with gnome shell&/unity)
- matte screen - reading code on glossy screen is difficult.
- 13-14 inch laptop. We have desktops in offices with big screens. I want mobility, not a desktop replacement.
- having multitouch capabilities would be great.
- Backlit keyboard, please. No windows logo.
- As a GPGPU developer, having an NVIDIA gpu would definitely be a plus for me (ATI does not behave well with linux.. or windows for that matter).
- If there is no GPU, having Intel OpenCL SDK would help out.
- Proprietary drivers are perfectly fine by me and others in my field.
- There is not a single GPGPU friendly laptop out there. And a GPGPU friendly laptop for linux is even more elusive. You need to fill in some gaps here. I do not need a high-end quadro/tahiti gpu to run production level code. On a laptop, i expect a Kepler/GCN architecture gpu to test out the viability of my code which is further tested on a production machine - so please, introduce an ultrabook/laptop with a basic but newest architecture GPU with OpenCL/CUDA tools for development.