ALIENWARE P51 - Taking pad gaming to new heights!
- Polycarbonate (the kind of plastic found in the Nokia Lumia mobile series)
- Carbon fiber back for optimized cooling and durability, complete with an ALIENWARE logo - it's part of the back, not a separate part
- Soft touch edges for comfortable gaming
- Durable buttons
- 2x shoulder buttons
- Sliding joysticks, like the ones on Nintendo 3DS, but with a harder material with soft touch to prevent dents
- The joysticks are placed at the same level as the front panel to prevent damage when transported
- The joysticks can be pressed and function like menu buttons
- The four buttons surrounding each stick are ergonomic and follow a similar layout like the grey buttons of the Game Cube controller. Since you have buttons and joysticks on each side, it doesn't matter if you're a "leftie"
- Unique cooling technology with extremely small and quiet fans coupled with heatsinks integrated in the carbon fibre
- The two fans and outtakes are stationed on the back of the unit, on both sides on the middle to let the user hold the pad vertically or horizontally without the outtake becoming blocked
This will make the Razer Project Fiona feel like a clunky and outdated unit. Although the ALEINWARE P51 is a bit thicker than regular pads, it's not heavy because of the polycarbonate.
The docking includes a dedicated CPU, GPU and RAM in addition to a HDD/SSD that works with the pad to enable gaming on your monitor or TV screen in FullHD or higher! The docking station also charges the pad. You can also play the games on your TV via the docking station while using your pad as a controller. Xbox 360 controllers can be connected to the unit (up to four in addition to the pad). If you're not using the pad, it can be paired with the docking unit for more power. The pad will then take care of the OS tasks while the docking station will be dedicated to gaming.
- 10.1 2560x1440 (16:9) multi-touch OLED display with superb colour reproduction
- SSD up to 512GB
- intel i7 processor
- nVIDIA GPU - unspecified, but able to run modern games at 720p
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 3.0
- micro SD slot
- USB 3.0 x 1
- micro USB x 1
- preprietary docking solution
- 2MP web camera - stationed on the right side of the front panel
- Windows 8 with an ALIENWARE skin and optimization for max performance
ALIENWARE P51 docking unit:
- intel i7 quad core Ivy Bridge
- nVIDIA GTX 660 with GDDR5
- 8GB RAM at 1600MHz
- preprietary docking solution
This is a bold take on the pad segment, but if it's done right it will most likely become a new standard. Dedicated for gaming while being portable and sleek enough for everyday usage, the product aims at a wide audience.
PARTNERS TO LOWER THE COST - some additional content will come on a SD card:
- nVIDIA - let them have desktop images, skins and a direct link to their website for updaing of drivers and info etc.
- EA Origin - have their service pre-installed - some demos pre-installed
- Steam - have their service pre-installed
- OnLIVE and/ or Gaikai - have a shortcut to their service pre-installed
- Have demos of games from publishers such as EA, Perfect World, Blizzard, Ubisoft and more installed or zipped on the SSD or microSD card