Your great Idea could earn you a trip to Dell World*
Duration: Oct 16, 2012 - Oct 25, 2012
Social networks have fundamentally changed business. That is why, for the first time at Dell World, social media will be a key part of the conference agenda.
In this Storm Session, share your ideas for how Dell can further support customers and their businesses in social media. The top two ideas as determined by the IdeaStorm Community as well as the IdeaStorm Partners and Community Managers will receive tickets to Austin to present their ideas to the Dell social media community, customers and partners at Dell World.
IdeaStorm Live Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. Http://www.ideastorm.com/Idea2SessionIdea?v=1350322005379&id=a017000000qF0w2AAC DO NOT PROCEED IN THIS SITE IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES.
1. Eligibility: IdeaStorm Live Challenge (the “contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Dell Marketing L.P., Dell Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Employees of the City of New York are not eligible. Government employees, including all federal, state, county, city or municipal government employees and K-12 employees are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Dell Marketing L.P. One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682.
3. Timing: Phase One of the contest begins at 8:00 a.m. CT on 10/16/2012 and ends at 5:00pm CT on 10/25/2012 (the "Entry Period"). Phase Two of the contest begins on 12/12/12 and ends on 12/13/12.
4. How to Enter: Dell is soliciting ideas on how we can best support customers via social media. Please submit your ideas through the online form on IdeaStorm.com. The entries will be judged via two contest phases. At the end of Phase One, two (2) finalists will be selected to come to Dell World to pitch their idea live on stage to a panel of judges.
Phase one [10/16/12 – 10/29/12]:
- Entrants submit Ideas to a Storm Session on IdeaStorm specifically designed for the contest Http://www.ideastorm.com/Idea2SessionIdea?v=1350322005379&id=a017000000qF0w2AAC
- On or around 10/29/12, eligible entries will be judged based on the Judging Criteria listed belowto determine two (2) finalists who will each receive one (1) economy, round-trip airline ticket from a major airport closest to the finalists’ residence , two (2) nights stay in Austin, Texas, and one (1) pass to Dell World.
- Phase two [12/12/12 – 12/13/12]:
- Finalists present their ideas live on stage to a panel of judges. Winner will be highlighted across IdeaStorm and Dell social media channels
Judges will be made up of Dell IdeaStorm community manager, Cy Jervis, and Dell social media communities and Dell World attendees.
Dell is not obligated to use the entry that is ultimately selected.
Judging criteria for Phase One and Phase Two:
- Feasibility of implementing idea- 30%
- Creativity and innovation- 30%
- Popularity with Idea Partners- 25%
- Popularity within Ideastorm community- 15%
- The Submission must be original with you;
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain material, images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that is sexually explicit or suggestive, depicts illegal drug use, alcohol abuse, terrorism, weapons, violence or nudity;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 7, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
5. Finalist Selection: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the contest and the selection of the potential finalists are final and binding in all matters related to the contest. On or around 10/29/12, Sponsor will select two (2) finalists from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period based on the Judging Criteria listed above. The potential finalists will be notified by email. Each potential finalist (parent/legal guardian if finalist is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential finalist cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential finalist forfeits prize. By entering, entrant agrees he/she is in compliance with all of his/her employers’ rules, policies, and procedures that relate accepting prizes. Potential finalist must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential finalist is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate finalist by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prizes: Two (2) finalists will receive round trip economy airfare for one (1) from a major airport closest to the finalists’ residence to Austin, TX, two nights accommodation at the Hilton Austin and one (1) passto Dell World to be held 12/12/12 -12/13/12. The Approximate Retail Value of this prize is $1,500 but subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Total ARV for all Prizes: $3,000.
7. Release: By entering, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Dell Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Entrants hereby grant to the Sponsor for the full term of any rights that may make up their submission (“Submission”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable right to use their Submission as follows (without payment to the Entrants or any third party):
- To play, publish, make available to the public, perform, display, reproduce, distribute and otherwise use their Submission on any and all media (whether now known or invented in the future) worldwide;
- To host, store, copy, modify, adapt, edit, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works and/or otherwise treat in any way Entrant’s Submissions at the discretion of the Sponsor;
- The Sponsor may (but is not obliged to) identify any Entrant as the creator or author when their Submission appears on any and all media, for example, by displaying an Entrant’s name; and
- To sub-license the rights in Entrants’ Submissions to third parties.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the contest, provided that the Entry Period has not ended. If the contest is canceled, suspended or modified, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by United States District Court for the Western District of Texas and the Texas State District Court in Williamson County, Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
13. Winner List: For a Winner List, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “IdeaStorm Live Challenge” c/o Dell Marketing L.P. One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682. Winner List requests must be received by 11/5/12.
14. Mailing List Name Removal Notification System: If you would like your name removed from Sponsor’s mailing visit www.dell.com/optout.